Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASUS Routers (DSL and RT) DNS Hijacked Vulnerabilities
It has been noticed by a user of the DSL-AC68U modem /router combo that If you have an Asus DSL AC68U router that has the "Enable Web Access from WAN" option enabled then you need to check whether your DNS has been hijacked.

A user noticed that his DSL AC68U has had the DNS changed to 185.183.96.174 which is a known hijack DNS server. and they were on  firmware version 3.0.0.4.380_7712-ga519811,

It appears (not proven) that hackers are able to access the routers setup page, or underlining code,  but unclear if vulnerability is only evident in ASUS DSL models or RT also?

If your DNS has been changed then make sure you set it back to defaults or Google / OpenDNS settings and if concerned, disable the  "Enable Web Access from WAN"  and send ASUS a feedback form requesting them to look at this as a priority for your particular model..

I have brought this issue to the attention of  ASUS and am awaiting there response?

FYI - Netgear have issues also, take a look at the following link - 
Netgear DNS Vulnerabilities 

FYI (1) - For those reading this thread, here is a more comprehensive list of known issues with ASUS routers, and likewise some have been resolved/fixed etc.

https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-3447/Asus.html

UK Sentinel