This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again, but selecting Disallow Cookies will mean you are unable to log into the forum and functionality will be resticted when viewing the forum as a guest. Clearing your Browser Cookies will allow you to reset your cookies choice for this forum

By clicking this Link you help to Support this Forum when you buy any items from AMAZON
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Convert ASUS DSL-AC68U to Run with ASUSWRT-Merlin Firmware
does Operation Mode:Repeater mode  work  after updateing to ASUSWRT-Merlin Firmware
[url=http://whatsyourrouter.com/mybb/newreply.php?tid=314#][/url]
0 Links

Correct, from what I remember and a lot of Q and A, I think the DSL-AC88U which has been flashed with RMerlin firmware does not support Repeater mode

Correction: I mention DSL-AC88U and should have typed DSL-AC68U (typo)
UK Sentinel

This Forum is moving to UKTechHub.com, I look forward to seeing you there  Wink

Wink 
(25-08-2018, 07:40 PM)UK Sentinel Wrote: Correct, from what I remember and a lot of Q and A, I think the DSL-AC88U which has been flashed with RMerlin firmware does not support Repeater mode

Think you wanted to write DSL-AC68U, as there is no matching Merlin for DSL-AC88U Smile

And I further I think repeater mode could/should work with Merlin as only WiFi is involved, so missing WAN-port not needed.

(26-08-2018, 08:20 AM)Grisu Wrote:
(25-08-2018, 07:40 PM)UK Sentinel Wrote: Correct, from what I remember and a lot of Q and A, I think the DSL-AC88U which has been flashed with RMerlin firmware does not support Repeater mode

Think you wanted to write DSL-AC68U, as there is no Merlin for DSL-AC88U Smile

And I further I think repeater mode could/should work with Merlin as only WiFi is involved, so missing WAN-port not needed.

Big Grin  well spotted, yes DSL-AC68U  Tongue
UK Sentinel

This Forum is moving to UKTechHub.com, I look forward to seeing you there  Wink

(24-08-2018, 01:53 PM)BURAOT Wrote:
(21-08-2018, 10:37 AM)Grisu Wrote: any significant changes in beta-RC2?

1 thing i notice for vMerlin-HGG v380.7.1_HGG-RC2 and vMerlin-HGG v380.70 is every after 24 hrs i cannot browse any site, although Internet Status says DSL Connected but when i tried to ping using the Asus Router Network Tools it shows error so i have to manually restart the router every morning. previously i was using the firmware FW_DSL_AC68U_300438250302 that is more stable no problem at all. 

Firmware FW_DSL_AC68U_300438421128 and FW_DSL_AC68U_v30043807712 
-not stable i got random disconnection from my isp
-it always shows Internet Status DSL disconnected and same as Merlin-HGG every 24 hr cannot browse any site.   Confused

What version of the DSL driver and firmware are they running? As the symptoms sound the same to what I had with the official ASUSWRT firmware which had DSL firmware 1.0.4.3. Never had the disconnection issue in prior versions or since the latest which has firmware 1.0.4.6.

Have been curious and tempted to try the HGG firmware, but will put off trying it if using DSL component I know as being bad for me.

(21-08-2018, 10:37 AM)Grisu Wrote: any significant changes in beta-RC2?

(24-08-2018, 07:56 PM)Grisu Wrote: not if everything working like it should, but even non-DSL asus routers some have to restart daily because of memory leak.
But as you get a daily changeing new IP it should not be a problem to fix it at a defined time 3-5am.
Are there any positive changes in newer firmware?
Otherwise stay with stable older.

Hi Grisu BTW thanks for the replies, one significant change on Merlin-HGG is the area coverage, ive compared both firmware, and Merlin-HGG significantly increase area coverage, previously i have blind spots in my home particularly in my room where i have only 1 signal bar, but when i change the driver to Merlin-HGG, im having now full bars on my signal. i wanted to try AIMESH but dunno if Merlin-HGG support this function Smile

Quote:LuRcH
What version of the DSL driver and firmware are they running? As the symptoms sound the same to what I had with the official ASUSWRT firmware which had DSL firmware 1.0.4.3. Never had the disconnection issue in prior versions or since the latest which has firmware 1.0.4.6.

Have been curious and tempted to try the HGG firmware, but will put off trying it if using DSL component I know as being bad for me.
DSL Firmware currently stable is 1.0.4.3

Thanks for confirming the DSL firmware version. Want to try the Merlin-HGG firmware, but I will hold out until one with the 1.0.4.6 dsl firmware is released.

@LuRcH:
Ask xantier, he wrote a DSL-AC68U build with latest versions and Merlin 384.7alpha code: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/finall...68u.48702/