This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again, but selecting Disallow Cookies will mean you are unable to log into the forum and functionality will be resticted when viewing the forum as a guest. Clearing your Browser Cookies will allow you to reset your cookies choice for this forum

By clicking this Link you help to Support this Forum when you buy any items from AMAZON
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSL-AC88U Beta Firmware v9.10.06 build 568 - known defects?
Do we have a known defect list for Beta Firmware v9.10.06 build 568  ?

* the memory leak (as mentioned on this forum)
* wireless 2.4Ghz client get booted off the network? (mentioned on another forum).

On the plus side, only by using this beta was I able to get my BT Infinity/YouView/IPTV working at all. e

R.

(06-08-2018, 03:31 PM)richardb20 Wrote: Do we have a known defect list for Beta Firmware v9.10.06 build 568  ?

* wireless 2.4Ghz client get booted off the network? (mentioned on another forum).

On the plus side, only by using this beta was I able to get my BT Infinity/YouView/IPTV working at all. e

R.

Definitive, NO, like most of us, we chat about issues relating to certain builds and then move onto next firmware release when it arrives.

As far as I am aware, build 568 is the best currently available, and issues remaining are:

No MUMI
Memory Leak Issues with Kernel
DHCP issues (still effects some users) I believe.
PlusNet or BT IPTV services issues, (from you details, must be PlusNet) but I thought PlusNet worked and BY did not?
Various IPV6 concerns
G.fast issues at boot time. (clicking noise of Relay) believed fixed, but need more feedback to confirm for sure.
Firewall Ports OPEN issue (believed fixed in this version) but not sure.
No Telnet Access
QoS not functional (broken)

Update: Also port forwarding as far as I recall

if I remember any more, I will post them later, hopefully others can correct my assumptions if not correct and add to the list
UK Sentinel

DrayTeK 130 Modem connected to Netgear XR500, ASUS RT-AC86U then connected to Netgear XR500 

(06-08-2018, 04:33 PM)UK Sentinel Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 03:31 PM)richardb20 Wrote: Do we have a known defect list for Beta Firmware v9.10.06 build 568  ?

R.

Definitive, NO, like most of us, we chat about issues relating to certain builds and then move onto next firmware release when it arrives.

As far as I am aware, build 568 is the best currently available, and issues remaining are:

No MUMI
PlusNet or BT IPTV services issues, (from you details, must be PlusNet) but I thought PlusNet worked and BY did not?
Various IPV6 concerns
G.fast issues at boot time. (clicking noise of Relay) believed fixed, but need more feedback to confirm for sure.
No Telnet Access

if I remember any more, I will post them later, hopefully others can correct my assumptions if not correct and add to the list

And wireless issues can generally be fixed by disabling one or more beamforming options

R.

No MUMI
Various IPV6 concerns
No Telnet Access

firewall ports OPEN issue thats been fixed  ages ago  the build that had it got pulled

(06-08-2018, 08:37 PM)Craig Wrote:

No MUMI
Various IPV6 concerns
No Telnet Access
QoS not functional (broken) all broadcom routers DSL as well
Limited QoS as well

firewall ports OPEN issue thats been fixed  ages ago  the build that had it got pulled

Wirless Modes broken 2G 8.02.11 b/g/n  and 5G a/n ac
no fq_ codel
No Smart  Active Queue  Management

Wfast  broken  all routers

No Smart connect

NoTraffic Analzer

No Alexa 

No IFTTT
Time Machine  back up

people  on  the  Whirlpool forums want these's

@Craig, advise the guys over a Whirlpool to use the below email addresses to send in their Feature Requests, or us Routers Feedback Form

WiFi Router:              router_feedback@asus.com
xDSL Modem Router:  xdsl_feedback@asus.com / For BCM6313x series models(such as DSL-AC88U series): iad_feedback@asus.com
4G Modem Router:     router4g_feedback@asus.com

Update: ASUS have advised me if possible, Preference for technical issues is to use the routers (UI) feedback page with 3 boxes checked. use email addresses as detailed above for feature requests etc, both options receive same priority.
UK Sentinel

DrayTeK 130 Modem connected to Netgear XR500, ASUS RT-AC86U then connected to Netgear XR500