Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RMerlin (ASUSWRT-Merlin) Firmware and the ASUS DSL-AC68U (PPPoE)
I tried to plug a USB2 thumb drive but the router does not recognized it and the thumb's led is not blinking Sad.
I'm sure with the original firmware USB3 port was working fine with the same hdds

This is most odd, the only advice I can give is to factory reset router again, then load firmware again and build/configure from scratch to just ensure firmware has been loaded correctly.

If that fails, then alas you will have to revert back to standard ASUSWRT firmware and say good by to the option of running Rmerlin firmware on you DSL-AC68U

I have checked my DSL-AC68U today, and it still recognises my USB flash drives x 3 and all works as expected

UK Sentinel

Unfortunately I already tried 3times to re-flash the firmware. BTW, I like that firmware, I'll try to use a RPi3 for NAS and media server, ignoring the USB3 issue on router. I'll let you know.
Thank you for your support

Could this work on the DSL-AC56U?

Alas no, the DSL-AC68U and RT-AC68U uses the same wifi and core Broadcom switches, only the DSL-AC68U has a MediaTeK DSL Chipset also, so this is why in part, you can flash RT-AC68U Rmerlins firmware on the DSL-AC68U.

The DSL-AC56U has MediaTek WiFi chipset, so no chance this working

UK Sentinel

That's a shame but good to know it's the MediaTek chip