Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fritz!Box 3490 Set up a Modem (Bridge Mode)
(16-05-2018, 07:27 PM)UK Sentinel Wrote: In the F!B DNS Section, remove what ever IP Addresses are in there currently is what iI meant by removing references,

UK Sentinel

All clear and understood, just thought I'd check just in case you meant something else.

Thanks for the help and I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Final update here on using my F!B 3490 in bridge modem mode with an IPv6 6in4 tunnel.

No joy I'm sad to say, I've probably put in a whole days worth of effort trying to figure it out and I still get connectivity issues, such a shame as I was so close. I've got a feeling the F!B just won't allow it as it did with my Zyxel VMG3925. Reason I believe this is that I can install my BT OR HG612, LEDE BT Home Hub 5 and TP Link VR200 modems and they will give me IPv6 connectivity through my tunnel with no problem at all, but swap to the Zyxel and F!B and IPv6 starts to play up. It's got to be a setting that needs configuring properly, or the fact that the Zyxel and F!B are workarounds for using them as bridge modems, whereas the others I've mentioned are either just modems, or have proper bridge modem configuration settings.

It was fun trying to get it to work, but frustrating it doesn't. Thank for your help Sentinel.